The Resource The brief wondrous life of Oscar Wao
- The brief wondrous life of Oscar Wao
- Statement of responsibility
- Junot Díaz
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueHispanic Americans
- trueMen/women relations
- trueDominican Americans
- trueFamily relationships
- Dominican Americans
- trueInterpersonal relations
- trueGhettoes, Hispanic American
- Dominican Americans -- Fiction
- trueEccentrics and eccentricities
- trueMisfits (Persons)
- trueLoss (Psychology)
- trueFamily curses
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueNew Jersey
- trueSocial acceptance
- Publisher description: Things have never been easy for Oscar, a sweet but disastrously overweight, lovesick Dominican ghetto nerd. From his home in New Jersey, where he lives with his old-world mother and rebellious sister, Oscar dreams of becoming the Dominican J.R.R. Tolkien and, most of all, of finding love. But he may never get what he wants, thanks to the Fukœ-the curse that has haunted the Oscar's family for generations, dooming them to prison, torture, tragic accidents, and, above all, ill-starred love. Oscar, still waiting for his first kiss, is just its most recent victim
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2007.
- Hurston/Wright Legacy Award: Fiction, 2008.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2007.
- Massachusetts Book Awards, Fiction Award, 2008.
- National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction, 2007.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2007
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2008.
- YALSA Outstanding Book for the College Bound, 2009.
- Great American Read, 2018.
- Awards note
- Anisfield-Wolf Book Award, 2008
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2008
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- B75 2007
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The brief wondrous life of Oscar Wao
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The brief wondrous life of Oscar Wao
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://mountain-regional.library.link/resource/7H8KoGIs0mk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://mountain-regional.library.link/resource/7H8KoGIs0mk/">The brief wondrous life of Oscar Wao</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://mountain-regional.library.link/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://mountain-regional.library.link/">Mountain Regional Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>